Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No marathon yet . . .

Okay, let's be honest - probably no marathon ever :)  However, today I started jogging again!  Yea!  I was inspired to get back in shape after Jason and I hiked several miles in the Smoky Mountains last week.  It felt great!
Knowing how much I dislike the cold weather, on our way back from Virginia I invested in some power stretch pants and a half-zip at REI.  They were marvelous!  I was toasty the whole time :)  My sweet husband spent some time last night putting some new pumping music on my hand-me-down IPOD, too.  It was super encouraging to have some great music to keep me going, while helping me focus on the Lord.  Thanks, Baby :)  I love you!  
For quite a while I have been ready to get back into the groove of exercising.  I feel so much better, am more energized through the day, and I get ready for the day early on.  I am constantly aware that I need to be taking better care of myself and this is one way that I can do it.  I do plan to be running in Memphis for St. Jude next year celebrating with the Gates family.  What a victory "lap" that will be.  (We love you, Caleb!)
So, one way you can really help me out in this department is to ask me if I have kept it up!  It is so easy to get in a routine for a while until something happens (everyday life!), and then slack off.  I would like to be more consistent in this area of my life.  So . . . ask away and hold me accountable on this!  You never know, I actually could run a marathon someday - or at least a half marathon - but I would just be content being a healthy wife and mama :)

2 comments:

Kristie said...

You go girl! That's awesome, what a great feeling! Isn't it amazing what a little blood pumping through your veins will do for you? I'll ask you about your exercise and you ask me. Deal?!
Kristie

Roan said...

Where are you running? Keep it up! You will continue to feel good.