Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Beaming Beauty



A sweet little girl just fell asleep and she was still beaming from the wonderful evening she spent with her Daddy. Tonight was our CHENM Father/Daughter Banquet, and it may have been even more incredible than last year, though I doubt that could be possible.

A date with Daddy. Curled Hair. Special Dress. A bouquet of flowers. Pictures. Spending an evening with friends - families - fathers - who love the Lord. Encouragement. Games. Laughing. Challenge. Ice Cream and Brownies. Simple elegance. Beauty.

All these things present a portrait of God's grace in our lives. What a good God to grant us such special, treasured moments!
Is there anything better than an entire evening spent with Daddy? Nothing that comes to mind. How much more precious is that special time with Daddy, though, when it is shared with special friends who also love the Lord. I am so thankful that my family has the privilege of being in a group that honors Him in such a precious way. Over 40 families were represented this evening - what a testimony! It gives me great encouragement as I am reminded of all the families in CHENM (Christian Home Educators of Northeast Mississippi) that are also walking the same path that we are on.

It was an odd feeling as I clicked away taking pictures of Hannah before her special date with her Daddy. Though tiny, she looked so grown up - so full of joy and confidence - so poised and prepared. My little girl is fading away and becoming a beautiful young lady. It is bittersweet, for sure. A reminder of the fleeting gift of time with her that has been entrusted to me. She already has such deep compassion for others, such a servant's heart, such a passion to learn. Her love for the Lord is already so great. What a treasure.

Tonight is yet another sweet memory to reflect on in the future. My beaming beauty - basking in the afterglow of such a special night. I know that one day she will look back and realize how much more special it was because the Lord was the reason they were together in the first place. What a precious gift!

5 comments:

Roan said...

She looks beautiful! I am so glad that she had such a good time. All of my girls enjoyed it immensely! Jimmy had a fun time too. What a special evening.

Anonymous said...

Aw! She looks adorable. What beautiful memories she will have.

Amy said...

What great pics!! My girls also had a memorable time with their Daddy!

T said...

That's so great!! What a special night! I love you!!

Tammy said...

Just beautiful! A beaming beauty indeed!